ELIXIR project introduction
CERIT-SC and CEITEC together with dr. Niklas Blomberg (ELIXIR director) invite to the ELIXIR project introduction.
- 9:00-9:30 Opening and Registration
- 9:30-10:30 Niklas Blomberg (ELIXIR director): ELIXIR project - introduction
- 10:30-10:40 Vladimír Sklenář: CEITEC - introduction
- 10:40-10:50 Radka Svobodová: CEITEC - role in ELIXIR-CZ node
- 10:50-11:05 Karel Berka: UPOL - introduction and its role in ELIXIR-CZ node
- 11:05-11:20 Luděk Matyska: CERIT-SC - introduction and its role in ELIXIR-CZ node
- 11:20-11:30 Ondřej Hradil: ICRC - introduction
- 11:30-11:40 Closing
- 11:30-12:00 Visit of CEITEC laboratories (it requires a separate registration)
- 14:30-15.00 Visit of CERIT-SC center
- Registration for ELIXIR project introduction (60 persons).
- Registration to visit CEITEC laboratories (15 persons)
Dr Blomberg, a Swedish national, holds a BSc in Chemistry from Göteborg University and a PhD from the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), Heidelberg. He is currently Principal Scientist and Team Leader in Computational Chemistry and Computational Biology at AstraZeneca R&D Mölndal, Sweden, where he has enjoyed a successful career since 1999. In addition, he has been an industry advisor in national eScience initiatives and an active participant in cross-industry research programmes. Dr Blomberg joined ELIXR as its founding director on 1st May 2013.
ELIXIR unites Europe’s leading life science organisations in managing and safeguarding the massive amounts of data being generated every day by publicly funded research. It is a pan-European research infrastructure for biological information. ELIXIR will provide the facilities necessary for life science researchers - from bench biologists to cheminformaticians - to make the most of our rapidly growing store of information about living systems, which is the foundation on which our understanding of life is built.